At the end of the week, I usually have a few random ingredients leftover that need to be used as soon as possible. I’m also usually pretty tired of spend a lot of time cooking. Insert a thrown together pasta and I can use up some veggies before they go bad and put together a quick meal. I had some penne, broccoli, pancetta and marinara sauce at home, so this is what was thrown together.
Meg’s Thrown Together Pasta (servings – 2 entree portions, time – approx. 25 min)
- 2 cups of your favorite pasta (or whatever you have leftover)
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups of your favorite pasta sauce
- 2 cups of broccoli florets (no stem)
- 1/2 cup pancetta
- Parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- In a large sauce pan, cook pancetta until lightly crisp and remove from pan.
- Once pancetta is removed from pan, cook onion for approx. 5 mins. Add garlic and cook for another 2 mins.
- Add pasta sauce and bring to a simmer.
- Add broccoli and cook covered for a few minutes until broccoli is cooked through.
- Combine sauce mixture and pasta, mix well.
- Divide into two bowls, top with pancetta and parmesan cheese.
For more servings, add a cup of pasta of each serving, add more veggies and increase pasta sauce.